Additional help and advice
We understand that finding the right care for your needs can can be a difficult process and at Care South our staff will provide you with all the support and advice you need in order to make your choice as straightforward as possible. In addition, we have created a directory of relevant support agencies, charities and associations that may also be able to offer assistance. Click on their title to visit the sites, this will open in a new browser window.
Government County & Local councils
- Alzheimers Society The society works to improve the quality of life of people affected by dementia.
- British Deaf Association Latest news, information and services for the Deaf and signing communities.
- Diabetes UK Diabetes UK is the largest organisation in the UK working for people with diabetes, funding research, campaigning and helping people live with the condition.
- DIAL UK A national organisation for a network of 140 local disability information and advice services run by and for disabled people.
- Disability Rights UK
- Mencap The leading UK charity for people with a learning disability and their families.
- Mind The leading mental health charity, Mind helps people take control of their mental health, by providing high-quality information and campaigning to promote and protect good mental health for everyone.
- Motor Neurone Disease Association The definitive resource for people with MND and those who act for them.
- Multiple Sclerosis Society The MS Society is the UK’s largest charity for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS).
- NHS Direct For whenever you have health worries and they have the knowledge and experience to give you real help and reassurance, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Parkinson's Disease Society The Parkinson’s Disease Society is the leading UK charity fighting Parkinson’s on all fronts.
- RNIB Support for blind and partially sighted people.
- RNID Support for deaf and hard of hearing people.
- The Royal Blind Society Provides assistance to people who are blind or partially sighted and in charitable need.
Health & Social Care Associations
Home Care / Carers Assistance
- Action on Elder Abuse Action on Elder Abuse (AEA) works to protect, and prevent the abuse of, vulnerable older adults.
- Age UK Informative site with information about staying fit and active and advice on insurance products, energy saving and a range of care topics.
- Care Aware Aims to improve public understanding and knowledge about the UK care system and to assist the public on the complex issues associated with elderly care funding advice issues.
- Counsel and Care Help and advice for older people, their families and carers.
- Elderly Accommodation Council To help older people make informed choices about meeting their housing and care needs.
- FirstStop Care Advice An independent, free advice and information service on all aspects of care and support for older people.
- My Home Life My Home Life aims to celebrate existing best practice in care homes and promote care homes as a positive option for older people.
- WRVS WRVS is one of the biggest voluntary organisations in the UK with nearly 53,000 volunteers; they help many people every day in the UK (mainly older people) by organising such schemes as Meals on Wheels and day centres for older people.